This drug storage application of WireCrafters wire partitions is ideally suited for pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, medical facilities, distribution centers, record storage, drug warehouses, and much more.
- WireCrafters DEA approved secured storage cages feature self-closing and self-locking doors, and wire mesh walls and ceiling panels constructed of a 2″ x 1″ 10 gauge wire.
- 2″ square steel support posts are spaced no more than 10′ apart, with welded-on base plates for lagging to the floor.
- The walls of the drug storage cages have a minimum 1 1/2″ horizontal reinforcement at least every 5′.
- The panels mount flush to the floor and utilize heavy 3/8″ hardware which is non-accessible from the exterior.
- WireCrafters panels are stackable to any height and clear spanning ceilings up to 30′.
Keeping Up With the DEA
As stipulated by 21 CFR 1301.72 storage areas for Schedule III through V controlled substances require a high level of security. Such installations have the following notable features:
- Doors must be self-closing and self-locking.
- Walls constructed of not less than No.10 steel fabric with openings not more than 2-1/2″ across the square, mounted on steel posts, set no more than ten feet apart, with horizontal reinforcement.
- Walls shall be mounted to posts at least one inch in diameter, lagged to the floor.
- Shall have a ceiling of same materials, or erected to reach the structural ceiling of the building.
- Panels mount flush to the floor.
The flexibility of WireCrafters Style 840 Wire Partitions makes it possible to construct a DEA controlled substance storage cage of any size or shape. The DEA cage can have a free-spanning ceiling up to 30′ or a ceiling of any size with vertical support tubes. Panels can also be stacked to any height so that the DEA cage can be tied into the facility’s existing walls and ceiling. All of our slide and hinge doors can be made self-closing and accessible with a card reader or ten-digit keypad with the installation of an electric strike or mag lock.